This is the walk through of how I made a look-a-like drape skirt…
Now it’s obvious I didn’t copy the skirt exactly and that’s not a problem, copyright and all that, but it’s clear where the inspiration came from.
This is how I made it:
1.Measure, mark and cut the fabric.
2. Sew darts on all panels.
3. Sew outside edge of drape shape lining and main together.
4. Snip curve, turn through and press.
6. Sew side seam on one side of the skirt together.
7. Snip the drape at the point it meets the waist of the skirt and sew to the waist of the skirt over the side seam.
8. Sew the zip to the back centre seam of the two skirt back panels. Sew remaining back seam.
9. Repeat for lining.
10. Sew the remaining side seams together (final side seam on main fabric, both on lining).
11. Prepare your waist band for sewing. Fold under seam allowance, press. Fold in half, press.
12. Position on waist ensuring it goes over the ends.
13. Top stitch the waist band to the skirt and trim the excess fabric. (One with 1.5cm extra one with 5cm extra).
14. Turn under the seam allowance on the short side and top stitch.
15. Turn under the seam allowance on the long side and top stitch.
16. Stitch a button hole on the long side and a button to the short side.
17. Double roll hem your lining and your main fabric, (keep the main fabric longer and in line with the drape for an ever finish) and away you go.
Give it a good press and voila!