If you have ever seen the film Be Kind Rewind, you can imagine the joys of making and watching homemade movies.
This half term, why don’t you have a go at making at homemade made movie of your own. Here are some things you will need to think about.
How to Make a Movie:
- Concept – What your movie is about.
- Script – create the story for your movie; who says what, to who, where and when.
- Story board – plan out each shot for your film, think about light, props and viewing.
- Cast – pick your players; family, friends, pets, stick figures etc.
- Location – where you are going to film your movie; home, garden, park, make sure you get permission before you film in public places.
- Effects – think about how you are going to achieve your special effects; visual or practical.
- Shoot your film!!
- Edit your film. (techradar has a list of the best free software)
- Final cut – Create the final cut for your film.
- Show – share your film with those who helped you make it, friends and family.
Here are some of the best short films I’ve found on youtube that I just love, to give you some inspiration